zaterdag 11 mei 2013

Natural scrub powder DIY

It's been a while since I've written a blog post. I've been trying to keep the computer and the internet to a minimum to focus on things that are a bit more important. Now I'm inspired and refreshed.
I wanted to share with you some ways you can make your own scrub powders for masks and various forms of scrubs (bars, creams, oils) It's easy and cheap!

Ground seeds and nuts a great and natural alternative for micro plastic, they come free with the fruit you buy at your local market. Avocado, cherry, mango and apricot kernels are great to use in scrubs.
Once you've removed the kernels, clean them and let them dry. You can dry them in the oven for an hour or 2 at very low temperatures or just put them in a dry place in the sun for a week or two.
When they've dried you can start grinding. I would suggest you try to chop the larger kernels into smaller chunks first before placing them in a blender or hand blender. If after you've placed the kernels in the blender you still feel like they're too large you can use a coffee grinder or a mortar and pestle.
Once you feel like the powder is fine enough you're ready to use it in a scrub. You can use larger pieces for a body scrub and fine powder for a facial scrub.

I had a picture of my own mixture, but it won't let me upload it. Hopefully I can add it later!

If you use these natural powders in a scrub remember to keep water out of it (if you're using it in creamy or oily scrub) or to let it dry really well after you've used it if you're using it in a scrub bar. This way you'll prevent fungus from growing.

Have fun eating your fruits, getting your vitamins and making your own scrub powder.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten